Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Progress, Sweet Progress

We are ready to start what Jen calls chapter 6 of my story. But before we do that, I wanted to take a break and talk with you first.

Er...

If it can indeed be called "talking" in this odd medium.

My Aidan has spirit!

When he found out we had wed, her father forced a bargain that if she does not consent to be my wife in all that it entails within a year, she is to be returned home and free of the marriage.

I was informed quite forcibly that she had no desire to go back so I bloody well better do what I can to convince her to stay with me.

'Tis an odd thing to court your own wife in such a manner. But I will do it and succeed at winning her heart.

And I kissed her.

But on another note, I wholeheartedly wish she would trust me enough to tell me when she Sees something that could be dangerous for the clan.

In one particular area (my apologies, scene), three of my guards and I were ambushed by some advanced raiders. I tell you it is most disconcerting to read about your own near-death as it is being written. It was almost as though I could feel it all over again. That is not something I wish to relive, though I occasionally do in nightmares.

On yet another note, let me give you another word lesson. This came up because my sister informed me she was going to have her intended's child, which had been conceived long before they were wed. By about three months, by the physician's figuring.

torrach - pregnant, with child

There is much I would like to tell you, but I don't want to give it all away here because when it's done and available to you (gods willing!), I would hope you would read it. If I tell too much, there would be no reason for that to happen.

In the meantime,

A seirc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so she's finally starting to work on your story. thats nice to know. celise only go three pages done last week. she needs to get her butt in gear and start writing some more this week. even though her next deadline of the next 66 pages isn't until aug 31st. i don't think she realizes that june is almost over.

Devon said...

Almost over at less than the halfway point? I guess things are timed different in this modern time compared to what I am used to, perhaps?

Jen was working on my story but nothing has been done for a few days, through no fault of her own. Time will tell how it goes from here.

A seirc.